Who We Are
Under the guidance of St. Joseph, patron of the Universal Church, Saint Joseph School endeavors to achieve excellence in a faith-filled and safe environment. The school staff and parents collaborate to develop students’ spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical well-being in a traditional Catholic setting.
Saint Joseph School takes as its primary reason for existence the command of Jesus “Go teach all nations, teach them to observe what I have commanded you.” (Mt 28: 19, 20) We provide a sound academic curriculum which incorporate Gospel values. The atmosphere at Saint Joseph School is structured, purposeful, and conductive to learning self-discipline. Social and emotional development is learned according to the teachings of Christ.
While most of the religion curriculum at Saint Joseph School is generic to all Christian denominations, doctrines and practices that are specific to the Roman Catholic Church is the core of our religious curriculum. Although non-Catholic students are not expected to adhere to Catholic practices, they are expected to regard our practices and beliefs with respect and to participate in class discussions. Non-Catholic students will be expected to accompany the class to church and are welcome to participate in liturgical celebrations.
Goals and Objectives
To incorporate Gospel values into the daily life of the school community, Saint Joseph School:
• offers a sound religion curriculum based on the Magisterium of the Church;
• provides an environment which offers varied opportunities to live the faith;
• serves the parish, community, and worldwide missions through various outreach programs.
To foster the academic, social and emotional growth of our school family, Saint Joseph School:
• provides a challenging academic program in accordance with Diocesan and state requirements;
• offers opportunities to practice social interaction within the school and community;
• nurtures a positive self-image as well as encourages self-discipline through growth in responsibility and accountability.
Please reach out to learn more and schedule a tour of the school!