Air Force Veteran Al Morales will lead this event by obtaining and organizing Veterans from all branches. Veterans talk with all grades on their experiences and display items they used during their service. Parents are encouraged to attend, and any who are Veterans are asked to contact Al and plan to present to our students.
· This Knights of Columbus-sponsored event is a collaboration of efforts, with all profits go directly to St. Joseph School. With last year’s profits (which was around $8,000), Sister was able to purchase new computers (17 desktops 10 laptops) for the Computer Lab. Profits from this year’s tournament will be used to purchase iPads for 1st through 4th grades, a window security film installation (intrusion prevention) for all windows in the school.
· Please come to the next meeting in the pre-K room on Wednesday March 13th. We need volunteers to help in the weeks/months leading up and during the day of the tournament.
·Primarily for prospective Pre-K and Kindergarten families, this delicious event will take place 3-5pm, and will be open to the public. Students and families are encouraged to stay after school to speak with interested families, and of course enjoy the ice cream and games.
A family event with music from Harry Chapin and Lunch featuring Grammy winner and Connecticu State Winner Harry Traubpadour Bill Pere, Nashville Recording Artist Kay Pere, and the Lunch Ensemble with students from Academy of the Holy Family. To be held at the St. Michael Center - 54 West Main Street, Baltic, CT.
· We know our kids are special, now is the time for them to show us all just how special they are. Dance, sing, perform magic tricks, stand-up comedy? Then sign up for the St Joseph School Talent Show! All performances will need to be authorized by Sister Patrick by April 24th. Performances can be individual, duos, or groups. We’ll need to know if each performance requires anything special, such as electricity, microphone, etc. Feel free to bring snacks for your entertainment viewing.
More info to come. Save the date!
· The Parade is Sunday March 3 at 1pm in Norwich. We are planning to have a float again this year. The 7th grade has drawn up designs and we’ve selected aspects from each one, so each 7th grader will receive a dress down day – Congratulations!
· Families are need to help build and assemble the float. Float assembly will be 10:30am Saturday March 2 at Bozrah Automotive Repair Center at 4 Rachel Drive in Bozrah. Please let Angela or Beth know if you’ll be helping with float assembly.
· All families are encouraged to walk in the parade, the distance is less than 1 mile and lots of fun. The older kids will hand out goodie bags to the crowd. Wear your green and support our school!
Beat the Winter Doldrums with Bingo. $15 per Admission Package; $30.00 for video/electronic bingo Doors open at 4:00 p.m., game starts at 6:30 p.m. St. Joseph School is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets or transportation to and from Foxwood Casino. Contact Angela 860.460.7645 for tickets
· You don’t want to miss this! Our beloved Art Teacher is planning 7 stations ranging in messiness, but will sure to be lots of fun. You’ll want to make sure the kids are dressed
· In between stations, kids can grab slices of pizza (regular & gluten-free) for $1 each. Please bring in other treats and goodies if you like.